Income tax covers a significant range of areas where we can assist, ranging from:
- meeting with you and/or your client to advise on matters;
- written advice and advocacy on behalf of taxpayers including in the form of objections;
- assistance when the ATO is performing a review or audits;
- help with obtaining private rulings;
- preventative assistance such as undertaking a prudential review of a taxpayer for tax compliance; or
- assistance with a tax due diligence before buying or selling a business.
As well as the tax areas covered separately, we regularly advise in the following areas:
- Tax residency for both individuals and for entities; (link to international tax page)
- Trust losses and family trust elections;
- Commercial debt forgiveness;
- Employment termination payments;
- Employee share schemes;
- Company losses;
- Taxation of foreign source income; and
- Trust distributions and streaming.
In short – if it is tax-related, we can help!