The Victorian Government recently announced the $5 million Small Business Specialist Advice Pathways program, granting eligible applicants $2,000 to cover the cost engaging a qualified service provider to assist with legal or financial advice.
The program is aimed at supporting small business around Victoria to help them make informed business decisions, and plan for the future.
To qualify, the business must:
- Be a legally structured business registered in Victoria with an ABN, and have held that ABN on and from 1 July 2020.
- Be registered with WorkSafe Victoria.
- Employ 1-19 full-time equivalent staff.
The grant allows businesses to engage a qualified business provider in areas including:
- Advice and analysis regarding the management of cash flow, preparation or cash flow budgets and projections,
- Profitability analysis and formulation of financial management and/or operational business strategies,
- Strategic analysis to revise business planning and/or governance arrangements,
- Advice regarding the management of debts and liabilities, or
- Advice and/or representation regarding commercial agreement contract terms (i.e. commercial leases or commercial supply contracts).
Closing date for application is 4pm on Friday 30 September, or once the funds have been exhausted.
If you need specialized tax advice or have a specific tax issue, please feel free to contact us on 03 8662 3200 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.